Suppression of News in Brazil and
Outrages Against the Workers and Peasants
In Brazil, as in so many other countries, much of the real news about what is happening to the working class, peasants and the poor, is suppressed, or at the very least is not widely reported. And for reasons like this the claims that Brazil enjoys a “democracy” and “a free press” are gross exaggerations of the true situation.
In particular, the huge landowners and landlords who rule the rural areas frequently torture or murder poor peasants who struggle against their oppression, with scarcely a word being said about it either within Brazil or in the international press. We at BANNEDTHOUGHT.NET will try to help break down this news embargo about the horrible crimes that occur there on a regular basis.
If you know of other suppressed news reports that should be posted here, contact us at: email@example.com
Revolutionary Front for the Defense of the People’s Rights (Brazil)
- “Down with Imperialist Aggression against Syria! USA, Hands Off Syria!”, statement by RFDPR, September 2013, 3 pages. English: PDF format (204 KB); English: MS Word (.docx) (21 KB)
- “Down [with] the Imperialist Allotment in Syria! Long Live the People’s War of the Peoples of All Countries!”, statement by RFDPR, January 2013, 6 pages. English: PDF format (197 KB); English: MS Word (54 KB); Portuguese: PDF format (235 KB); Portuguese: MS Word (.rtf) (173 KB)
- “Down with the imperialist aggression against Libya! Long live the war of resistance of the people of the world!”, by RFDPR, Spring 2011, 5 pages. This is the translation which was posted on Frontlines of Revolutionary Struggle on June 6, 2011. PDF Version (174 KB); MS Word (43 KB)
- “Statement on the Indian State Murder of Azad”, by the Cebraspo organization, July 7, 2010. PDF Version (8 KB); MS Word (29 KB)
- “URGENT ACTION: Illegal Arrest of LCP [Poor Peasants’ League] Activists in Northern Minas Gerais, Brazil”, by the Cebraspo organization, c. Jan. 30, 2010. PDF Version (68 KB); MS Word (104 KB)
Poor Peasants League
- “Peasants Tortured and Murdered in Rondônia, Brazil”, by the National Commission of the Poor Peasants League, Dec. 10, 2009. PDF Version (145 KB); MS Word (33 KB)
Other Reports and Documents
- [To be added.]
BANNEDTHOUGHT.NET Home Page